Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't view most pics online  (Read 7276 times)

Kevin

Can't view most pics online
« on: March 18, 2004, 12:03:14 PM »
My computer is in pretty good condition except for the fact that I cannot view pics on webpages.  In fact every image file on this page is simply replaced with an x

jw

Re: Can't view most pics online
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2004, 04:00:48 PM »
I have had this issue too. But the strangest thing is that it comes and goes.  I havn't changed any settings or anything. I wonder if it might be my isp, or just heavy internet traffic?

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2004, 06:51:02 PM »
We are assuming you are using Internet Explorer... If this is the case make sure the pictures have not been disabled.  You can check this by clicking - Tools / Internet Options / Advanced Tab / Make sure "Show Pictures is checked".

Additionally you may wish to follow the Internet Explorer basic troubleshooting steps found in the below link if the above recommendation doesn’t work.

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chie.htm

Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

donna arnold

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2004, 07:44:25 PM »
My mom's computer has the same problem.  She has Win98 and IE6, with SBC dsl.  I have talked to teks and looked for solutions on the internet for two days.  She can view pages only when changing the encoding to Western European (Windows).  Seems like this should happen automatically! (and you can do this only in the IE browser, not the Yahoo browser)

You might find your answer at this site...sadly, I did not, but it has me thinking...

www.tek-tips.com/gviewthread.cfm/lev2/7/lev3/74/pid/608/qid/602478

jw

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2004, 08:34:59 PM »
That's interesting Donna, my isp is sbc dsl too. I have a friend down the street who has had the same type of problems and it started when he got sbc dsl.  Could just be a coincidence, but it's got me wondering.