Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: battery problems  (Read 2112 times)

topgun

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    battery problems
    « on: January 15, 2011, 02:44:09 PM »
    The battery in my laptop Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pi2550 was getting old and not capable of recharging anymore.
    So I bought a new battery but get a red cross notification in the battery icon stating that no battery is in place.
    The old battery Pack is a Fujitsu Siemens 3S4400-G1S2-05 and the new one has a model name of Fujitsu Siemens 3S4400-S3S6-07 and should be compatible with the Amilo Pi2550 series.
    Do you know a solution to the problem?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: battery problems
    « Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 04:23:01 PM »
    Just a guess.
     The notification icon on the screen must be calibrated for a new battery. Check the user manual for this.

topgun

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 01:12:38 PM »
      The battery doesn't recharge at all -thus making a calibration impossible.
      Even though the batteries looks similar I discovered that the voltage is different. The old battery has 11,1Vdc and the new one has 10,8Vdc. The amps are the same. Is there a solution for that? I guess not  :o

I probably have to make a dispute............ 

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 02:55:14 PM »
      If that is the battery they recommended, then yes, they should explain why they sold you a battery that awns not the same.
      The may be a reason why it is efferent. IMO, the vendor should explain the reason to the customer.