Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Internet troubles + USB problem  (Read 2382 times)

s4asuke16

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Internet troubles + USB problem
    « on: February 24, 2011, 10:45:05 AM »
    I have a Acer laptop with Windows 7 and mcafee anti-virus. The connection on my laptop is fine and the internet has been working for a while, but all of a sudden when i try to open chrome or internet explorer, it says that the files for chrome and explorer couldn't be found. I tried downloading chrome on a usb and transfer it onto my laptop but when i tried to open it, it said that the specified path does not exist. So i went ontone hope chat and asked once more and this time i was told i should run a malwarebytes' scan o my laptop. So i downloaded that onto my usb but once again when i tried to open it on my laptop via the usb, it said that the specified path does not exist.  >:( Can anyone help me with these issues?

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Internet troubles + USB problem
    « Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 10:51:50 AM »
    1) Mcafee Products are worthless. I strongly suggest you replace it with ANY other antivirus utility at your first opportunity.
    2) Your system is probably infected. Please follow the instructions in the following link and post your logs in the thread you create (NOT in this thread):
    http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html