Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Network Connection For OfficeJet 8500A Premium  (Read 1964 times)

corndale

Topic Starter

Beginner
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    Network Connection For OfficeJet 8500A Premium
    « on: February 27, 2011, 08:13:58 PM »
    Unable to connect my new OfficeJet 8500A Premium to my Windows 7 computer via the wired network connection. Rebooted computer and turned printer on & off.  Software is properly installed.  Tried changing network cables & disabling the firewall - same result.  Under Network & Sharing Center - Advanced Sharing Settings - Turn on network discovery, Turn on file & printer sharing , Turn on sharing so anyone with network acceess can read & write files in the Public folders and Allow Windows to manage homegroup connections (recommended) are all on.  The light on the network connector on the printer is on (green).  Have a cable broadband internet connection and a D-Link DIR-655 Wireless N Gigabit Router.  Internet connection works fine.  No problem connecting other computers to the internet via the router.  HP diagnostics offers no other solutions.  In printer properties, under the General tab, the Location box is blank.  Should there be information refering to the network in that box?  I currently am using the USB connection but prefer the wired network connection.  Anyone have solutions?