Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: External Hard Drive - Filename- mft table (i guess) weird problem!  (Read 3145 times)

kontinyu

First,
I don't even know it's a windows problem...

Know, let me explain what i did first,
I have an external hard drive, and 5 volumes in it. my music volume  was full, so i downloaded paragon hard disk manager and tried to expand music volume - by shrinking game volume -
and when this action going on electric power gone off...
So when i started my computer and hard drive and paragon to resume action, paragon stucked! it was telling me it's resuming the action but it didn't
so all of my hard drive was unseen by windows and my all data -500gb- was unreachable..
I look around internet and found TestDisk software...
And i erased all my partition table, then used TestDisk partition search, and write it back.
It was cool. My songs and other volumes become visible.
BUT then i discovered something wrong.
Some of my songs filenames and actual files are mixed.
I mean when i try to play song A from artist B it plays Song C from artist freaking Z...
It's totally weird. Also some of my files are playing like they are on scracthed cd... with jumps and etc.

So  i tried scandisk from windows... it sad found some problems and fixed them. but still lots of songs aren't right, filenames and files are totally mixed...

Are there any way to fix this?

-sorry for my language. i hope i explained it clearly. if not please ask me for more info- what you need to know- i will monitor this thread.

thank you...

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: External Hard Drive - Filename- mft table (i guess) weird problem!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 06:39:06 AM »
The lesson you should have learned here is that you should have appropriate backups of ALL data on a disk when you decide to gp futzing about with it's partitions.
The only way to fix this btw is to go through all of your music and rename them. Or, you could (I think) use a program like MP3Tag to possibly rename files to their "Title" tag value, assuming that the files' ID3 tags are intact.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: External Hard Drive - Filename- mft table (i guess) weird problem!
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 01:11:34 PM »
and when this action going on electric power gone off...
Did you think this did not matter?

Too late now.. You should have got one of these...
http://www.guru3d.com/news/gigabyte-shows-psu-with-built-in-ups-at-computex/