Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: wont turn on  (Read 2997 times)

eastcoastflacpl

wont turn on
« on: August 21, 2005, 08:21:06 AM »
i have an amd 28oo turbo plus.352 ram when i turn it on it powers up but wont turn the monitor on.all fans are working everything seems atached.have tryed another monitor but same events.i use windows xp.dont know what else to try. can someone help?

Raptor

Re: wont turn on
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2005, 08:45:10 AM »
More information needed.

Frankie

Apprentice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    « Reply #2 on: August 21, 2005, 08:54:42 AM »
    Have you tried a diffrent Graphics Card.

Hopester Doofus

Adviser

• Hope-ing To Help
      « Reply #3 on: August 21, 2005, 12:22:00 PM »
      Is this a new video card? Have you made any recent changes to your system? Are you hearing beeps on bootup? Any clues at all?
      There’s no limit to what you can achieve if you don’t mind who gets the credit.

sm

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2005, 02:20:05 AM »
       I HAVE MADE NO CHANGES. I JUST TURNED IT ON ONE DAY AND POOF NOTHING.NO BEEPS. HOWEVER BEFORE THAT IT WOULD STOP LOADING AT THE BIOS SCREEN AND I COULD GET IT TO DO NOTHING ELSE

Fed

• Sage
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #5 on: August 22, 2005, 03:01:30 AM »
        Remove all your ram then try one stick at a time rebooting each time. If that doesn't work try the same trick with the ram slots rebooting each time. Do you get the drift, like playing musical chairs with ram & slots.

sm

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2005, 02:29:41 AM »
        update.i tryed swithing the ram sticks and checked ports still didnt work.so i started unplugging and plugging things back in.while the computer was turned on i unplugged the power supply and waited a couple of minutes and plugged it back in and turned it and i be darn if it didnt start to work. i have no idea why but who cares it works.mabe it will work for someone else.thx for all your help.im sure i will need more in the future lol.

pegasus56

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2005, 08:24:06 AM »
        Hi I just read your post, I'm having a similar problem, only difference is that in my case when my PC begins its boot process, it first sounds two (2) beeps and then nothing more happens.  Even the initial information like Ram info, Memory etc., none of that shows up, the monitor simply remains BLACK.
        I find it interesting that you finally found a way to get it started by unplugging and plugging back in.

Can you detail for me exactly what you unplugged and plugged back in, so I can try this out too.

Thanks... VB

Raptor

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2005, 11:41:30 AM »
        Hi I just read your post, I'm having a similar problem, only difference is that in my case when my PC begins its boot process, it first sounds two (2) beeps and then nothing more happens.  Even the initial information like Ram info, Memory etc., none of that shows up, the monitor simply remains BLACK.
        I find it interesting that you finally found a way to get it started by unplugging and plugging back in.

Can you detail for me exactly what you unplugged and plugged back in, so I can try this out too.

Thanks... VB

Do not hijack other people's posts, create your own.

pegasus56

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2005, 12:47:47 AM »
        Hi Eastcoastflacpl, I don't know if you got my email...but in case please let me know the procedure you followed step by step which led to your computer turning back on?
        PS...I tried sending an email to you but it seems that it got posted instead of being emailed to you.
        Someone made a  comment about 'hijacking' because I wrote to you and said that my PC also has been going through similar problem.
        ***If this is posted and not emailed can you guide me so I can do it right next time?