Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Could Not Connect to the System Event Notification Service  (Read 12942 times)

iamyourmom

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Blood Ravens Force Commander
    Re: Could Not Connect to the System Event Notification Service
    « Reply #15 on: August 04, 2011, 11:33:18 AM »
    superantispyware scan done: no threats.

and how do i "run a repair on windows"?
    Please do not call your computer stupid when it breaks or lags. Computers can only do what they are programmed to. and thus, often it is the user that is stupid. GET MY DRIFT?

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2011, 11:48:00 AM »
      In the unlikely event that you do HAVE a Windows O/S 7 disc it is on that. It is also usually a part of the software included in your computer (it is a good practice to create the repair program to a portable disc when you 1st get your computer). I am including a web site for you to read and assist in the "repair" process.
      http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/681-startup-repair.html
      truenorth

iamyourmom

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2011, 11:51:53 AM »
        I've done that already, but not three times in a row, I'll try that later.
        Please do not call your computer stupid when it breaks or lags. Computers can only do what they are programmed to. and thus, often it is the user that is stupid. GET MY DRIFT?

iamyourmom

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2011, 07:05:13 PM »
          fixed the problem. through soluto, turns out it was ecaremedll.dll that was causing the crash. i deleted it. no more crashes ever since. thanks for all the help you guys gave

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2011, 07:21:42 PM »
            I was NOT familiar with this software until you made reference to it.It seems to be almost to good to believe and i cannot help but wonder why it has never been referenced on the CH forums before now.http://lifehacker.com/5561303/soluto-is-an-awesome-tool-to-speed-up-your-system-boot-fix-system-slowdowns
            Glad to see that your problem is solved.truenorth

Salmon Trout

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2011, 11:43:05 PM »
            A quick Google shows that many people find that running Soluto actually increaes their boot time. The answer they get on the Soluto author's own forum is "Windows boot times are, unfortunately for us all, not an exact science" which is not exactly reassuring. I smell snake oil, I think.

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2011, 06:52:53 AM »
              That was where my thoughts went also--it made me wonder why if it is so effective we get soooo many posts re computer slow downs?
              truenorth

iamyourmom

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2011, 04:17:42 PM »
                well. its true that it shows up a list of all the programs it runs at boot, and you can stop them from boot. so its useful

EDIT: just to be clear, soluto itself didn't fix it, it just gave me a probable reason why it crashed. i had to go and delete the file

Salmon Trout

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2011, 04:56:46 PM »
                The official Microsoft Windows Performance Toolkit

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/performance/default.aspx