Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wirless networks not showing, help needed!!!  (Read 2910 times)

EvaStarshine

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Wirless networks not showing, help needed!!!
    « on: September 05, 2011, 10:54:30 AM »
    We moved a couple of weeks ago and our internet was put in today. Up until now (and currently), I have been using a dongle. My dad has set up all of the other computers in the house so that they can access the internet provided by our router, it was a simple matter as it showed the connection on the little available connections box and so he clicked on that, entered the code and such and that was that. Then he got to mine. My computer is not showing any wirless connections at all, and according to my Dad, a lot of them come up. I've completely updated my computer and we've tried looking around. My specs are as follows: PC: Acer Aspire AX3300, OS: Windows 7 home premium 64-bit, CPU: AMD Athlon ll X4.
    I had no problems connecting when I first got my pc in our last home, I don't remember what we did, but I remember it being very simple and easy to do.
    For further reference, this is what appears when I go on the thing to see connections:
    Still showing the dongle connections I've used over the past few days:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    After I deleted the connections to see if they were making a difference:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Wirless networks not showing, help needed!!!
    « Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 11:21:26 AM »
    the dongle is a 3G one that connects to cellular networks, not wifi routers...
    the "Unidentified Network" leads me to assume that your computer is connected via ethernet cable to the router. If so, "No network access" means that the router isn't configured properly. If you want to access wifi networks on your PC, you will need to get a wifi card-internal wifi cards tend to output stronger signal.
    In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
    Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

EvaStarshine

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: Wirless networks not showing, help needed!!!
      « Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 11:41:26 AM »
      Realised my parents hadn't properly connected my internet plug
      the dongle is a 3G one that connects to cellular networks, not wifi routers...
      the "Unidentified Network" leads me to assume that your computer is connected via ethernet cable to the router.
      This led me to check, so I thank you for that. (While feeling embarrsed I didn't check this earlier :P)
      Thanks for your help anyway!