Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: BIOS beep conundrum  (Read 2352 times)

BIOS beep conundrum

BIOS beep conundrum
« on: September 03, 2005, 04:06:23 PM »
Hello everyone, first off, i'm using a:

P4 530 3.0 ghz HT,

1 gb centon 533mhz ddr2 ram,

geforce 6600gt pci-e card,

asus p5gd2 premium mobo,

460w ps

The problem is, when I start up the computer everything loads fine, fans, leds, but no monitor.  Here's the confusing part.  When the keyboard is not plugged in, I get 4 short beeps, with the keyboard, I get 3 short beeps.  I have tested several times to make sure I counted correctly.  I have also attempted switching around the ram and taking out one or the other, but still 3 beeps, or 4 beeps with no keyboard.  I also tried taking out the video card, but still, 3 beeps.  I have no idea what's going on and appreciate the help, thanks.

Raptor

Re:
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2005, 04:53:36 PM »

The problem is, when I start up the computer everything loads fine, fans, leds, but no monitor.  Here's the confusing part.  When the keyboard is not plugged in, I get 4 short beeps, with the keyboard, I get 3 short beeps.  I have tested several times to make sure I counted correctly.  I have also attempted switching around the ram and taking out one or the other, but still 3 beeps, or 4 beeps with no keyboard.  I also tried taking out the video card, but still, 3 beeps.  I have no idea what's going on and appreciate the help, thanks.

What BIOS is installed?

Do you recognize any of the beeps Computer POST / Beep codes? If yes, copy the meaning here.

You should reseat the videocard or test it in another slot. It may be faulty or improperly seated.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2005, 04:54:11 PM by Raptor »