Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: very strange crashign of game PLEASE READ  (Read 2564 times)

dvinity

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    very strange crashign of game PLEASE READ
    « on: November 04, 2011, 11:22:32 PM »
    Hey, so lately I have been having some issues with all my games. You see a few months ago my computer crashed while playing crysis 2 and the screen never showed any picture while the computer was on, so I went to my local computer shop to get it looked at and upgraded(I thought it was time for an upgrade anyway)I took it home thinking it was all good until I tried playing crysis 2 again. It crashed, well not the computer but the screen goes into power saving mode and I cant turn it back on until I restart the computer. The computer shop ran all the tests and everythings fine, its not overheating or anything they dont think, although the first time I took it back(yes I have had to take it back about 3 or 4 times, I even tried a different shop) there was a cord jammed in one of the fans, but they replaced that. I really need help here, its been like this for 5 months now. I really dont know. Its usually when I play some of my more “hardcore games” like crysis1&2, section 8, brink etc, it doesnt have a specific time when it crashes(screen goes into power saving mode) its just random. I can play a game for days without anything happening and then BOOM!, CRASH!. I dont know if I have a faulty GPU, CPU, motherboard or whatever, what are the symptoms for that? Anyway really need help here, I am desperate so if any of you compiter gurus have any ideas of siggestion on what I can do please tell me!
    Thanks

computer specs
    AMD radeon 6870HD
    AMD phenom Iix4 965 processor 3.40 GHz
    4.00GB of RAM
    Windows 7 64-bit
    900watt PSU
    88OG-UD3H motherboard

Salmon Trout

Re: very strange crashign of game PLEASE READ
    « Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 09:29:50 AM »
    The processor could be overheating. Perhaps you could install a temperature monitoring utility; I have a Phenom 945 and I use a program called AMD Core Temp which shows the CPU temperature in the system tray and also can write readings to a log file. That way after a crash you can see how hot it was getting.

http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

By the way, it is neither necessary nor polite to include "PLEASE READ" in the subject line. In fact many people ignore such threads.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 10:11:33 AM by Salmon Trout »

dvinity

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: very strange crashign of game PLEASE READ
      « Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 06:55:04 PM »
      alright then thanks Ill try it