Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Canon IP 4700 fault  (Read 3056 times)

Woodie

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Canon IP 4700 fault
    « on: October 29, 2011, 11:20:57 PM »
    Hello,

I have used my Canon IP4700 printer satisfactorily for approx 2years in conjunction with Win7 (64 bit), IE9, Firefox7.

Yesterday I was printing a 5 page document and after 3 pages were printed it stopped and I have been unable to print any full pages since.

Only about half a page is printed of any document. Printer test page is OK. Preview shows all the document page.

Uninstalled and reinstalled the program. Printer indicates it is on line and ready to print. Ran the diagnosis and fault program all to no avail.

No error messages.

Any suggestion appreciated.

Thanks - Woodie.

Salmon Trout

Re: Canon IP 4700 fault
    « Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 03:03:56 AM »
    It's an (as low as) $68 (online) printer that is a 2 years old model. The ink must cost nearly as much. Get another printer. I am not just saying this, I had an IP4200 and I ditched it when it was working fine! I bought a black and white laser printer (Canon) for less than the price of a set of ink cartridges for the IP4200. I take my color shots on a pendrive to a photo store. I guess you could do an internal clean and check rollers etc for sticky stuff. When you say half a page do you mean half vertically or half horizontally or is it patchy?

Quantos

Guru
    • Veni, Vidi, Vici
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 07:56:56 AM »
    It's an (as low as) $68 (online) printer that is a 2 years old model. The ink must cost nearly as much.
    It seems to be a fairly lousy system, the printers are almost disposable, and this isn't so good for the environment I guess.  I'm looking at going with a color laser printer, HP has some nice affordable ones in the selection.
    Evil is an exact science.

Woodie

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 03:17:37 PM »
      Thanks for your suggestions - will give it some thought.