Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Recover Fax Confirmation  (Read 7050 times)

pawsjewl

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Recover Fax Confirmation
    « on: November 28, 2011, 12:35:32 PM »
    I really need some help with this as soon as possible. I don't even know if it is possible.

A few months ago, I sent a fax to an insurance company cancelling a policy. My fax machine at work is not set up to spit out a fax confirmation page. Only if there is an error does it spit out a fax confirmation. Well, the insurance company has still been taking money out of my account and claims to have never received this fax.

Is there any way for me to recover this fax I sent? There has got to be some way of tracking the faxes that are sent out right? Especially if it only gives the confirmation during errors.

The printer we use is a KONICA C635. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. I am out of about $400 because of this insurance company and the only way to get it back is to find that fax.

Salmon Trout

Re: Recover Fax Confirmation
    « Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 01:24:06 PM »
    There has got to be some way of tracking the faxes that are sent out right?

Well, faxes have a report facility but most only the last 20 or so transactions (send & receive). I can't actually find any trace of a "Konica C635" fax, however there is a Canon Multipass C365 fax,

user guide here

http://www.freeprintermanuals.com/PM/Canon%20MP-C635%20User%20Manual.pdf

if this is your model then it's a Canon and it retains the last 20 transactions.

In any case the report would only confirm that a fax was sent from your fax to the other number. It would not prove anything about what the page or pages contained. You were foolish not to call the insurance company and ask them if such an important fax, with cost implications, was received, and also to not send a copy by registered mail.

I guess you'll just have to eat the loss.

pawsjewl

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 03:32:01 PM »
      Well, that is not the printer/fax that I'm looking for. The one I'm looking for is called KONICA MINOLTA C652SeriesPCL.

I know I made some mistakes with my transactions in this case. But we did call our insurance representative twice after sending this fax. Both times he told us it would be handled. I just should have called the corporate office or something to make sure that they received the fax.

Not giving up hope yet though. Hoping someone out there can help.

Salmon Trout

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 03:45:28 PM »
      The one I'm looking for is called KONICA MINOLTA C652SeriesPCL.

So why did you write this?

The printer we use is a KONICA C635

Not giving up hope yet though. Hoping someone out there can help.

Don't hold your breath.

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 05:17:44 PM »
        I don't think this falls within the purview of the CH forums as there does Not appear to be a technology issue here as salmon trout has stated.However your problem seems to be offering a solution by virtue of your own words "'But we did call our insurance representative twice after sending this fax. Both times he told us it would be handled." Depending on the time between the sending of the fax and the timing of these "two conversations" with the company representative wherein obviously your intentions were stated it would seem that unless they deny the conversations you should pursue that avenue.truenorth

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        « Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 05:24:09 PM »
        I'd highly recommend BC as Legal counsel if needed...
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 05:32:54 PM »
          Good choice or Quaxo . truenorth