Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ACER aspire 7220 - Connection unidentified  (Read 2406 times)

shimal

Topic Starter

Rookie
    • Experience: Familiar
    ACER aspire 7220 - Connection unidentified
    « on: December 02, 2011, 01:28:11 AM »
    Problem: Connection unidentified.
    First time i got to work this computer had no cable connection(unidentified), after tiring myself out i got the connection to work (luck) but sometimesI had to restart the computer several times for the Internet connection to work, but that was fine with me, this was a few months back.
    Suddenly it wouldn't connect to internet no matter what i did. I put it aside for 1 month but 2 weeks ago i turned it on and it worked for 2 days and then it gave up. for 3 days I've tried to fix it, I searched Google for a fix but only found a bunch of others with similar problem, figured out its a common problem when it comes to Acer aspire with windows vista. Came here to ask for help to restore computer to its early days and found what i wanted by using "search" and I restored it to factory settings and all and thought it would fix it, but no.  Tried to tweak with services, safemode start, diagnostic start everything but nothing worked. Used avg PC tuneup to turn services back to default, tried to turn on some but nope.

I can't update the drivers cuz the wireless network worked yesterday but even it isn't working now, and even if it did its speed is excruciating(next door unprotected library/school connection)
    I have a router at work, but took it home and connected directly to internet and it didn't work, I have a good connection at home...
    Any help is appreciated

Acer aspire 7220
    Mobile AMD Sephron(tm) processor 3600+ 2.00 GHz
    1791 RAM
    32 bits

Network card: Atheros AR5007EG Wireless Network Adapter  version 7.3.1.42  2007-06-18
    Nvidia nForce networking controller    version 65.6.5.0   2007-03-06

Just downloaded some updates for the network card from Cnet (only place i found them) but ended up degrading them cuz the updates didn't work, could be cuz they were meant for hp and compaq... Still need help and the network driver versions r wrong :(