Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: No Audio On My Computer  (Read 3592 times)

AlexisChaves

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    No Audio On My Computer
    « on: December 16, 2011, 08:24:11 PM »
    I Have A Windows 7 Computer And I Dont Have The CD That It Came With. But One day I was Using My Computer Perfectly Fine Audio Played And Videos Were Fine But Now Every Time I Plug In Headphones, Speakers, Or The Radio No Sound Comes Out And The Video Skips And Pauses. I Need Major Help With My Computer But It Might Be A Problem Since I Dont Have The CD For It PLEASE Someone Help !

Daisymae70

Beginner

• IowaMrs70 Blog
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: No Audio On My Computer
    « Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 10:28:57 PM »
    I Have A Windows 7 Computer And I Dont Have The CD That It Came With. But One day I was Using My Computer Perfectly Fine Audio Played And Videos Were Fine But Now Every Time I Plug In Headphones, Speakers, Or The Radio No Sound Comes Out And The Video Skips And Pauses. I Need Major Help With My Computer But It Might Be A Problem Since I Dont Have The CD For It PLEASE Someone Help !

Go into Computer>System Properties>Device manager click on Sound, Video and see if there are any red question marks or exclamation marks that might indicate a problem.  Might  Right click and try updating driver..
    The Truth is the Truth whether you believe it or not.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Experience: Familiar
    « Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 10:34:45 PM »
    First of all... Please don't panic. :)
    An easier way to get to Device Manager(Click to enlarge the picture)
    Hosted by imgur.com
    You can always get drivers from your manufacturer's website, so that shouldn't be a problem.
    It is highly unlikely that a computer would have its drivers spontaneously uninstall, though... Can you recall anything you did that may be related to this incident?
    In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
    Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

AlexisChaves

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2011, 11:24:22 AM »
      It Says That Its Running Properly And That It Is Up To Date, No I Cant Recall Doing Anything To Mess My Computer Up But It Might Have Been Someone Else In My House Theres Like 5 Different People Who Use This Home Computer Im Jus Trying To Fix What Someone Broke But It Looks Like Its Not Possible  :-\

2x3i5x

Expert
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #4 on: December 17, 2011, 02:16:47 PM »
      Question: would a system restore, if it is available for use,  be worth a try in this case?

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #5 on: December 17, 2011, 03:49:11 PM »
      Why capitalise each word ? ?

Have you asked the others what they may have done ? ?

Not that you'll get an honest answer but it's worth a try.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Daisymae70

Beginner

• IowaMrs70 Blog
      « Reply #6 on: December 17, 2011, 04:21:19 PM »
      It Says That Its Running Properly And That It Is Up To Date, No I Cant Recall Doing Anything To Mess My Computer Up But It Might Have Been Someone Else In My House Theres Like 5 Different People Who Use This Home Computer Im Jus Trying To Fix What Someone Broke But It Looks Like Its Not Possible  :-\

Always makes me wonder when someone says it was working fine and now it isn't.  Have you checked all your connections?  Did something get bumped or put in the wrong audio jack somehow? Now for the stupid question.  The volume didn't get turned down? You said speakers so I am assuming some external speakers not monitor speakers. It could be something simple.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

AlexisChaves

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2011, 12:16:33 PM »
        How Do I Check My Connections ? And No I Have Checked The Volume Over And Over And If The Volume Was Down Plugging In Headphones Shouldnt Mess Up Videos

Daisymae70

Beginner

• IowaMrs70 Blog
        « Reply #8 on: December 18, 2011, 12:51:10 PM »
        Follow the wire connected to the speaker to the back or front of the computer audio port. The circle around the computer audio port is usually green where it plugs in. I am just going from memory. The only other thing is I think you said you don't have your Setup software for your sound card.  Are you able to tell what brand of sound card you have or is it onboard sound which means it is directly built into the Motherboard? Might need a new sound card.

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        « Reply #9 on: December 18, 2011, 02:10:50 PM »
        Why capitalise each word ? ?
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

AlexisChaves

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2011, 10:09:18 AM »
          I Found What You Were Talking About But I Think Its In The Motherboard