Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: iphoto11 won't open  (Read 6028 times)

groovetunes

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    iphoto11 won't open
    « on: January 10, 2012, 02:29:48 PM »
    All I get is the spinning pinwheel. Where do I start?

Thanks

ian124

Rookie

Re: iphoto11 won't open
      « Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 07:48:01 AM »
      move the iphoto library from the pictures folder to the desktop and then open iphoto. It will open blank with a new library and then re import the pictures from your old library

groovetunes

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 09:33:12 AM »
        Hi,

The iphoto library is nowhere to be found. But all my photo's are still on my drive, over 11000 of them. I reinstalled iphoto but it still does not open.

Thanks

ian124

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 09:51:07 AM »
          hold down the shift and alt key when you double click the iphoto icon this will bring up a window that should list your iphoto library currently on your machine and if you highlight it it will tell you where it is stored. It will also give you the option to create a new iphoto library If you create a new one it should open iphoto but there will be no pictures in there yet. Now reimport the pictures.

You also have the option to start iphoto while holding down the command and alt key this will bring up a different window which will give the option examine and repair iphoto library file permissions or you can select to repair the iphoto library database

Either of the above may work for you. Even though you have reinstalled iphoto it will still look for the previous library so it maybe a better idea to start with creating a new one