Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: What language is this?  (Read 28138 times)

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: What language is this?
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2012, 06:40:22 PM »
Looks like stuff I'm trying to write here is getting erased or changed somehow.

That has not happened on our end with any of your Posts i can assure you...

As to things straying from advice any and all comments not dealing directly with the issue at hand will be removed from here on.

patio.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Hi Everyone!!
    • Funtrivia
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: What language is this?
« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2012, 01:42:09 AM »

Yeah, that's going to be quite impossible to figure out without any prior knowledge. Was there a specific reason that this needed to be done?
Not sure if I understand your question. Are you asking why the guy renamed the files or the reason for the Remote Access being done?
And reinstalling this product does not resolve the situation?
Haven't got to that point yet, still trying to find things that are missing, and correct errors done.
One of the things the guy messed with is Bill to Ship to stuff.
When you buy something, you can have the address that the item is going to different than where you live.
So, for Holidays, birthdays, etc..
He has messed things like that up. So, put other people information in for our identity is what it looks like he has done for
alot of things.

Plus it looks like at the moment, the CD and DVD drives don't work right at the moment on mine and same on mom's computer too.
The last time I was able to get somewhat in my computer (no icons or start button, taskbar, on desktop, trying to figure out where it all went), I went to just look around in the BIOS a bit. It looks like he has done something to where it thinks both drives are the CD drive. Like he somehow messed them up.
Everything on the screen disappeared when I was looking around in Display 2, to see if that is where things maybe are.
With as much I know about computers, I've created a temporary way to get around.
Right clicked on the Desktop, and added some things, and it let me in different areas.
Here is a site that will show you what I was trying, and caused everything to disappear after doing this, http://www.gis.usu.edu/unix/monitors.html

Since the Remote Access guy keeps saying things about #2 or something similar, and then talking about later on Directory Display. As you can see from the messages he was sending.

Here are some of the things, we are hoping will help clear some things up, and is possibly why you all are saying we are vague. This guy is vague, as you can see.
But it also will show another thing. about what all he really did. What he renamed things too.
It shows up all different ways.
August 11, 2009
"We must rename all index.html files to index_2.html (or something similar which is different from index.html)."

See how the above, has maybe an underscore between the x and 2.
But below, that is not there. He also says something about it being temporarily.
We still can't get him to answer 1 question.
If we are suppose to rename the files, why does backing things up work just fine, without renaming them?
He seems to completely ignore that question.
It's fine if he doesn't know why. He can say, I don't know.
That would be nicer than just ignoring it all together. The answer he gives
But, you can also see, how he is telling us to rename them back.
We can't even find the files, so don't know how to do this.
He would not have even got to this point if he had stopped along time before this part.
He asked if the files are the way we want them to be, but seems he didn't understand we were trying to get him
to stop helping.

November 2, 2009
"Amy,
Yeah, you can rename them back to index.html instead of index2.html.  We needed to do that to enable the directory display (as you noticed).  That was helpful for downloading files, but it disables the automatic loading of index.html.  So it was supposed to be temporary."

February 22, 2010
"I just renamed index to index2 for a special reason... To help me get the files onto my computer. Don't worry about that, you can change them back to index.html if they aren't already."

Here is are a couple of other things he did, 1 of them a bit funny the way he writes what he did. But one of them, since he doesn't know anything much about DVD's is probably why the drives are broken.

March 14, 2010
"Well, I hate to be stubborn on the details, You're right, I used the passwords to access your sites also"
April 22, 2010
"I don't know much about video/DVD recording, but it should work."

You can enable those by pressing the left shift five times in a row, quickly.

What's wrong with the mouse? You can make it more smooth from the control panel.
Physically I can't do things that fast.
Can't seem to find anything on making the mouse smooth from control panel. Looked all around.
It seems to be making me have to use more physical energy to move and do things with the mouse.