Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PM Issues  (Read 7569 times)

reddevilggg

Expert

• Experience: Beginner
Re: PM Issues
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2012, 10:20:30 AM »

Yeah, i did qoute Salmons post, i think you had just deleted the one i was replying to as i was replying and i didn't check properly until i'd already posted. My reply was to ginger96 who is still watching the thread, as it happens. Hey ho.
11 cheers for binary !

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2012, 08:04:48 AM »
Ryuk you are right on Facebook I did say that I couldn't see wrong with the account. However, it's obviously been a problem, so I really dove into the security settings. Sure enough there was a very hidden security setting that I obviously overlooked. The setting affected all users in the "Intermediate" member group.

I had the rights for that intermediate group linked to the regular member group, making it hidden in the permissions list, causing me to miss the fact that there were missing permissions for that group. The missing permissions included the innabililty to send and receive PM's.

The issue should now be resolved and thanks for having the patience in sticking with me while I tried locating the cause of the problem.
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

Ryuk

Topic Starter

Adviser

• Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #32 on: March 11, 2012, 05:53:35 PM »
    umm..........   ::)  Your welcome  :-\