Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Megaupload founder extradition papers filed by US  (Read 3068 times)

Mulreay

Topic Starter

Egghead
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Space and Science
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Megaupload founder extradition papers filed by US
« on: March 05, 2012, 07:41:13 AM »
A formal request for the extradition of Megaupload's founder has been filed in New Zealand by the US government.

Prosecutors had had 45 days to make the application following Kim Dotcom's arrest in January. The papers also call for the extradition of three other senior members of Megaupload's staff.

The men are accused of helping make it possible for users to illegally download copyrighted material through their file-sharing site.

The accused deny criminal misconduct.

Full story: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-17257308

Seems the U.S are flexing there 'muscles' yet again over extradition's. You don't have to take on the world America.
For when the One Great Scorer comes
To write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost,
But how you played the game.

Owner of www.spaceandscience.co.uk and YouTube partner http://www.youtube.com/user/mulreay

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Megaupload founder extradition papers filed by US
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 07:49:47 AM »
Why does "America" get to *censored* in and get so many people extradited from other countries? If I do something wrong in my native country, the US should have no say as to what happens me.

On the other hand, and completely off-topic, I do completely agree (most of the time) when the US gets involved in conflicts around the world (such as Libya), where the citizens of that country are calling out for help.