Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer Hope forum issue  (Read 3191 times)

Computer Hope Admin

Topic Starter
  • Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Computer Hope forum issue
« on: July 11, 2004, 04:01:33 PM »
Would like to thank DL65 for bring this to my attention. Ran into the same forum issue we experienced on 6/7/2004 at 7:20AM (MST) 7/11/2004. Once again this caused the members and a lot of the messages to be reset or missing.  Thankfully this time I was more prepared and was able to resolve the majority of the issues in a matter of minutes.

I'm also still working on some fixes for the forums to help prevent this issue from ever occurring and trying to add all the suggestions and ideas all the users have recommended.

Note: If you are having issues with logging in please e-mail [email protected]
« Last Edit: July 11, 2004, 05:36:04 PM by admin »
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

Raptor(1)

Re: Computer Hope forum issuer
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2004, 05:11:37 PM »
How does one notify you? I E-mailed the webmaster but have received no response.

I would appreciate it if you could tell me how to log in, the account is there, it doesn't recognize my password, though. I've allready asked for a reminder, but it doesn't seem to send one.

Computer Hope Admin

Topic Starter
  • Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
Re: Computer Hope forum issue
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2004, 05:18:22 PM »
Raptor,

Please e-mail [email protected] again with your username and e-mail. I've received a few with just the e-mail address and unfortunately I cannot resolve your issue with just the e-mail address.

Thanks again.
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

Computer Hope Admin

Topic Starter
  • Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2004, 05:21:08 PM »
Raptor,

Sorry I'm getting a lot of mail this morning.. I did locate your e-mail and looking into issue right now.. look for a e-mail in a few minutes.
-Albert Einstein

Raptor(1)

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2004, 05:06:38 AM »
I have sent you an E-mail regarding the info you requested.  

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2004, 05:07:55 AM »
I requested a password reminder and it send me one immediatly. Thanks for solving it, Admin.

Computer Hope Admin

Topic Starter
  • Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2004, 07:05:24 PM »
You're welcome and thanks again for your patience and assistance on the forums.
-Albert Einstein

MalikTous

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2004, 08:56:14 PM »
Here's another one. First the thing wouldn't log me in (Tuesday...), though it recognised my user name. I tried to request my password, but got no EMail confirmation.

Then this (Thursday) morning, it didn't even do that. I got the 'Unrecognised user name' error. So I signed in with the same user name I had already used before, and got a confirm email with a new password, and then went back into my profile and put my password to something I like... Problem is, though my previous posts show up, the status counter is out of whack and I am short some 50 or more postsin my total. This is evan though it does update my old posts with my new sig and my avatar pic.

I sent off a post to the [email protected] address, but no answer yet...