Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Highlight function on eBay  (Read 2920 times)

micromos

Topic Starter

Beginner

• I ask, therefore I learn!
    • Experience: Beginner
    Highlight function on eBay
    « on: July 24, 2012, 12:33:44 PM »
    I'm not sure this is the right forum but . . when I re-list one of my auctions on eBay the highlight function will not work for me when I want to change the font, color, boldness and size of the text in the auction after half way down through the text section.  From the top down to half way I have no problem.   I called eBay's tech support and he had no problem highlighting my re-listing.  He claims my system is at fault.  The problem has only occurred for about the last 2 months.  I haven't changed anything that I know of because I wouldn't know how, being a rookie.  Any ideas from you experts? Thx, Micromos   ???

hartbeatmr

Apprentice

• Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Highlight function on eBay
    « Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 09:22:16 PM »
    Good evening micromos

If i reading your post correct.

The 1st listing is fine and it can be edited, listed etc with no issues? It is just when you go to re-list the auction and from 1/2 way down the page is when you have the issue?

All other web pages, documents etc all are OK?

What browser are you using to do your listings IE, FF (firefox), Chrome etc

Out of curiosity have you done any scans with your AV (antivirus) and if that comes clean nothing comes up from your AV if you wish I would recommend downloading "malwarebytes" they do have a free & paid versions the free works great don't worry. You can get it from here when you are the web page scroll down a little and look for the malwarebytes and to the right is the green "download" button.

Hope to hear from you soon, Mike

[07/28/2012 12:50pm Edited by Zylstra to correct a page formatting error - the URL was causing the post to run over the regular page width]
    « Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 01:50:15 PM by Zylstra »
    Statement of the day.  The IT person asked. What kind of computer do you have and the customer replied a white one why?

micromos

Topic Starter

Beginner

• I ask, therefore I learn!
      • Experience: Beginner
      Re: Highlight function on eBay
      « Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 03:33:15 PM »
          You are correct.  This problem only occurs during a relisting of an auction where I try to edit some text.  I can highlight the upper portion of the text and change it but when I get to a lower area the highlight will not work. I can type and delete the lower text but not change the color, size, font, underline etc.  This only started approx. 2 months ago when I noticed it.
           My AV is set to start upon computer start up.  I have not recently manual activate the scan until today (as I type this).  I use the IE browser because I didn't like the way Firefox's screen was set up in the past.  I may check it out in the future.   All other web pages and documents seem fine.
           I will run malwarebytes after the scan is finsihed.  Thx Micromos