Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: what's a good fix  (Read 2687 times)

bekkif18

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    what's a good fix
    « on: July 24, 2012, 07:52:56 PM »
    I bought speedy pc pro for $40 only to find out that really did nothing. The tech that installed it with me said I need to spend $200 to have all the errors fixed. Another tech said the same thing. My printer wont print and I'm going nuts I just got this computer in Nov. its got thousands of errors and its very slow what can I do?

hartbeatmr

Apprentice

• Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: what's a good fix
    « Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 08:04:57 PM »
    Good Evening bekkif18 and welcome to CH

OK this question is better suited for the folks on are malware / virus section

But If I may I will give you my opinion

in my opinion speedypc is a waste of money and they are out of there mind

IN my opinion Avast, Malwarebytes and Vipre are all great products
    Avast comes in free and paid version
    Malwarebytes also comes in free and paid
    Vipre offers 2 weeks free and yearly cost is very hard to beat and it is one of the cheapest if you have multi PC's in house.

I hope this helps but like I said I would stop by and post on the malware / virus section http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/board,7.0.html . The link i put in here is for are web site so don't worry  ;D I hope I was able to help you.   
    Statement of the day.  The IT person asked. What kind of computer do you have and the customer replied a white one why?

Nightjay0044

Rookie

• Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    « Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 09:03:44 PM »
    @bekkif18:

Okay the only experience i had about removing a PC infection was back in the day when circuit city was here. I ended up paying $200 for it. Don't pay that much to remove it. Get your self an antivirus program out there and get rid of it yourself if you can. That $200 to remove files is crap in my opinion.

Hope this helps any more me know.
    All in good time.

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 04:22:09 AM »
    Do you feel your system is infected? When you say it has thousand of errors, what exactly are you talking about? WHAT errors?