Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Network + Certification Materials Recommendations  (Read 2735 times)

Aegis

Topic Starter

Expert

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Brian's Mess Of A Web Page
  • Experience: Experienced
Network + Certification Materials Recommendations
« on: October 14, 2012, 03:46:58 PM »
I've found one on-line site with a lot of good information, but the material seems to be about ten years old.  It's a good starting point.  I'm sure there's other sites out there.

Would anyone care to recommend sites or books which would help a person prepare for the Network + Certification, or perhaps relate some of the steps you took toward the certification?

Thank You.

"For you, a thousand times over." - "The Kite Runner"

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Network + Certification Materials Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 07:49:58 AM »
I'd get a most recent Comptia book w/CD or DVD on it. I haven't gone for Network+ and have gone for A+ thru a provider that gives a crash course with weekend test. The company I worked for paid for this as well as some Microsoft Certifications. Wasn't Cheap! If you are preparing to study on your own and then go to a testing center to test, I'd get the most recent books available, and Comptia was the best I found when going for A+, so I can only assume that they are best for Network+ . All my books are now out of date from 2003 and I suppose I should pick up a new copy as well to test myself and see how I do.

I enjoyed the books that came with CD's with testing software. One of them was adaptive to really work your brain.

Here is link to modern book 2012 study guide: http://www.amazon.com/CompTIA-Network-Study-Guide-N10-005/dp/1118137558

Aegis

Topic Starter

Expert

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Brian's Mess Of A Web Page
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Network + Certification Materials Recommendations
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 12:59:18 PM »
Thank you, Dave, for the information and the response.  I'd really like to get a full degree, but the prospect, at this point, of student loan debt terrifies me.  I still have some searching to do, but you've given me a good start.

"For you, a thousand times over." - "The Kite Runner"