Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Batch list and create a txt from listing inside another txt!  (Read 4397 times)

zylor

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Batch list and create a txt from listing inside another txt!
    « on: January 15, 2013, 11:19:11 AM »
    Hi!

I created a batch file to list every .apk file inside that same directory!

with the code:

Code: [Select]
    @echo
    for /r . %%g in (*.apk) do echo %%~nxg >> list.txt

The final listing (list.txt) is for example:

AccuweatherDaemon.apk
    AccuWeatherDaemonService.apk
    AccuweatherWidget.apk
    AccuweatherWidget_Main.apk

After i get this listing i created another batch to create a specific code to create specific list for the files inside the list.txt:

@echo off
    for /f "tokens=*" %%A in (list.txt) do (
    echo.symlink("/preload/symlink/system/app/%%~nA.apk","/system/app/%%~nA.apk"); >> symlinks.txt
    )

And i wanted  the final listing to appear as:

symlink("/preload/symlink/system/app/AccuweatherDaemon.apk","/system/app/AccuweatherDaemon.apk");
    symlink("/preload/symlink/system/app/AccuWeatherDaemonService.apk","/system/app/AccuWeatherDaemonService.apk");
    symlink("/preload/symlink/system/app/AccuweatherWidget.apk","/system/app/AccuweatherWidget.apk");
    symlink("/preload/symlink/system/app/AccuweatherWidget_Main.apk","/system/app/AccuweatherWidget_Main.apk");

But what i get is:

symlink("/preload/symlink/system/app/AccuweatherDaemon.apk","/system/app/AccuweatherDaemon.apk"
    symlink("/preload/symlink/system/app/AccuWeatherDaemonService.apk","/system/app/AccuWeatherDaemonService.apk"
    symlink("/preload/symlink/system/app/AccuweatherWidget.apk","/system/app/AccuweatherWidget.apk"
    symlink("/preload/symlink/system/app/AccuweatherWidget_Main.apk","/system/app/AccuweatherWidget_Main.apk"

Somehow the ); is getting ignored!

Anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks

DigitalSnow

Greenhorn

• Keep It Simple
      • Certifications: List
      Re: Batch list and create a txt from listing inside another txt!
      « Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 11:24:00 AM »
      @echo off
      for /f "tokens=*" %%A in (list.txt) do (
      echo.symlink("/preload/symlink/system/app/%%~nA.apk","/system/app/%%~nA.apk"^); >> symlinks.txt
      )

Add an escape character ^ before the ) close parentheses character.   ) is being interpreted as the end of the loop because it is a special character.  Escaping needs to be done for all special characters used as literals not contained within double quotations.

zylor

Topic Starter

Re: Batch list and create a txt from listing inside another txt!
        « Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 11:26:22 AM »
        I was just replying my own post with the exact same solution as you provided my friend!

I remembered about the special characters too!

And then i found this post:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10021464/batch-file-to-add-characters-to-beginning-and-end-of-each-line-in-txt-file

Which clarified everything to me  ;D

Thanks for your help!