Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Reload windows Xp, will not start  (Read 6101 times)

allan1957

Topic Starter

Beginner

Reload windows Xp, will not start
    « on: January 17, 2013, 01:23:47 PM »
    I have the toshiba pro laptop model SPM 30, it was running slow, so I thought I would put it back to factory settings with the disc that came with the laptop when I had this new, I loaded the disc called product recovery DVD-rom, after it as now loaded, I get this blue screen flashing up very fast, I cannot read what it says on it because it is to fast, the operating system is XP, can you help

allan1957

Topic Starter

Beginner

Re: Reload windows Xp, will not start
      « Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 01:40:53 PM »
      The error message says - the system is not fully installed, please run set up again, I have done this 6 times, but it just goes to this error message or this blue screen flashes up with errors, I cannot read this due to to the speed it flashes up.

allan1957

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 02:57:00 PM »
        Now goes to the desktop, then flashes to h blue screen, switches off, switch itself back on, Keeps on doing this and going in circles

DaveLembke

Sage
        • Certifications: List
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 09:49:44 PM »
        I would run a program such as seatools on the hard drive to make sure the hard drive is healthy. I had a laptop act up like this a few months back where it was acting slow, and decided to install winows xp pro clean. Upon installing clean it would boot to part of the startup and blue screen and reboot. I ran seatools bootable CD on this laptop and found out that the drive had multiple bad sectors and S.M.A.R.T was reporting failures. Swapped the troubled 20GB hard drive with another 60GB hard drive that I had and the system was then fixed after installing the OS to it, and was no longer acting at a snails pace but nice and fast like when new.

*In order to use seatools your hard drive has to be a seagate or maxtor brand... if another brand you will need to locate the manufacturers diagnostic tool download or you can burn a copy of Linux Fedora 17 to DVD or make a bootable thumb drive, which has a pretty good hard drive utility which can diagnose problems with any drive that can be addressed.

Allan

• Mastermind
        • Experience: Guru
        « Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 05:20:12 AM »
        When the system first start tap on the F8 Function key to get to the Advanced Boot Options Screen. Once there, select "Disable Restart on System Failure" and reboot. You should see the blue screen error now. Please post the entire contents of the error message.

allan1957

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 08:58:54 AM »
          Many thanks for the info, that done the trick, follow the lick below showing the blue image & info on my screen, hope somebody may help me on the image/link below showing the errors, sometimes it goes to the desktop for a minute, then goes to the blue screen with the errors   

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/818/photo4ju.jpg/

allan1957

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 05:13:02 AM »
            I can get into the desktop and do system restore, done this back to dec & nov 2012, I still get he shutdown with the blue error screen, is there any thing I can do while ism on the desktop, Thanks Alllan

Allan

• Mastermind
            • Experience: Guru
            « Reply #7 on: January 19, 2013, 05:41:05 AM »
            Download BlueScreenView:
            http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
            unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program.
            when scanning is done, go to EDIT - Select All
            Go to FILE - SAVE Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt
            Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all of the content, and paste it into your next reply

allan1957

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2013, 07:28:03 AM »
              Many thanks for the reply, i cannot get onto the internet on the damaged laptop, i will ask my daughter to burn your info onto a disk, see links below showing the errors i have to send to Microsoft because it shuts down, does these images help you with some help for me

http://imageshack.us/f/585/photo7vz.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/f/5/photo5wo.jpg/

Many thanks

Allan

allan1957

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2013, 08:05:10 AM »
                I have just switched off my wireless switch on he front of the laptop, no error message or blue screen up to now, can any one help on this one, I am confused

allan1957

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2013, 08:20:20 AM »
                  Still running perfect now I have switched off the wireless switch, any idea from any one on this one, no more blue screen, switched off & on, running great but cannot use the wireless

patio

• Genius
                  • Maud' Dib
                    • Yes
                  • Experience: Beginner
                  « Reply #11 on: January 19, 2013, 09:36:58 AM »
                  Re-install the WLAN driver from the Toshiba site...or if you have the Driver CD that shipped with the laptop use that...
                  You will then have to set up the network in Control Panel...
                  " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

allan1957

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2013, 09:52:57 AM »
                    helpp......, every time i try a download includung microsoft essentials security, keeps on telling me this site is not trusted, i am using the ethernet cable at present to the router

allan1957

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2013, 10:58:02 AM »
                      i am now working on the wireless, i cannot load the Microsoft essentials security, tells me i do have a genuine validation of windows, the error message is, windows plug in installer says installation failure -  0x80070003

allan1957

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2013, 11:11:47 AM »
                        Should of said does not have a genuine validation

am now working on the wireless, i cannot load the Microsoft essentials security, tells me i do have a genuine validation of windows, the error message is, windows plug in installer says installation failure -  0x80070003