Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Alt tab crash  (Read 58857 times)

azubutaeyeon23

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    Alt tab crash
    « on: January 24, 2013, 01:34:12 AM »
    Whenever I alt tab out of some games they crash.... I know that the solution is to play on windowed, but is there any other solutions?

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Alt tab crash
    « Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 03:05:11 PM »
    Some games you can just use Windows Key on keyboard and get back to desktop without them crashing.

What games are you having issues with, and have you tried the Windows Key vs Alt+Tab?

I had issues with World of Warcraft Full Screen Mode after version 4.xx Cataclysm of the game because the game will disconnect you from the blizzard server if you minimize the game when moving in the game to different zones. It might be some sort of anti-cheat routine that is causing this since this wasnt a problem with prior versions like 3.3.5 Lich King. Blizzard support was aware of this issue and suggested going with Windowed Mode. So the fix to this was to reconfigure my game preferences to Windowed Gameplay vs Full Screen so I could multitask while gaming without getting force disconnected. Today I am running version 5.1 and still have to have windowed mode vs full screen mode in order to multitask and not get disconnected from their server.

quaxo

Guru
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Alt tab crash
    « Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 06:25:58 PM »
    Whenever I alt tab out of some games they crash.... I know that the solution is to play on windowed, but is there any other solutions?

What games in particular?

Some games will let you minimize without issues. Some will do it sometimes, then other times won't. Some games just don't do it at all and will crash if minimized and brought back up.

Aside from running them in windowed (or full-screen windowed) mode, there isn't much that can be done. It just depends on if the game will run properly in the background or not.

I had issues with World of Warcraft Full Screen Mode after version 4.xx Cataclysm of the game because the game will disconnect you from the blizzard server if you minimize the game when moving in the game to different zones.

Odd, never had that problem myself, and I'm often minimized when going to new zones, looking stuff up and whatnot. I've never switched it out of full screen mode.