Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Printer preview  (Read 2366 times)

cuscus

Topic Starter

Rookie
    • Experience: Experienced
    Printer preview
    « on: March 22, 2013, 09:48:28 AM »
    I had an Epson Stylus NX510 and just loved it until the printing head died.  When I printed I always had a menu coming up showing me a preview of the first page but in the options in that same menu I could click on the arrow to see page 2 or 3 and if I did not want one of those pages I had the option of deleting it from the print. 

I bought another Epson but this time its a Workforce WF-2530 and I am not satisfied with the preview, I do not have ALL the same options and sometimes I don't even get the preview.

My question is this:  Is it possible to take an option from one printer and copy it in the new printer, I presume it must be a driver????

Why can't a company keep something good in all their products!

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Printer preview
    « Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 09:51:41 AM »
    Both of your Topics were posted in the FAQ section so i took the liberty of moving them to the proper place.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    « Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 07:11:36 AM »
    When you installed the printer, did you download the full printer software package from Epson or did you just let Windows find a driver for it?

cuscus

Topic Starter

Rookie
      « Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 10:11:09 AM »
      I'm sure I did Epson's download with the CD they provided

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Computer: Specs
      « Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 10:24:30 AM »
      What type of file are  you trying to print?  Does the software used to create the file not provide a print preview?  That's where you'd normally see your print preview which shows all the pages.  For example, if I'm using Microsoft Word and want to see a preview of printing of a file, I would do that via Word's menu commands.  When I actually issue the print command, I won't see page previews  within my Brother printer software.  However, the printer panel will let me select which pages to print.