Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Opening a port  (Read 3742 times)

HP2

Topic Starter

Intermediate
  • True Story
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Opening a port
« on: June 15, 2013, 02:22:31 PM »
Hello
I am currently trying to open a port on my modem. I know that this topic has already been posted. I read a lot of things to solve my problem, but I am still not able to open a port  ???

To be more precise, I want to open the port #25565 for Minecraft. I tried to open it manually, with Simple Port Forwarding, Port Mapper and maybe with some other software... Also, I downloaded PF Port Checker and it said that 25565 was open. BUT when I try to login on my server, Minecraft says "Connection refused: connect". So I feel very confused  ::)

My modem is a TP-Link TD-W8960N

Thank you in advance  :)

P.-S.: Sorry for my bad English

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Opening a port
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 04:20:16 PM »
If its not being blocked by local firewall of the system acting as the Minecraft Server then it might be being blocked by ISP ... I have had to use ports that are not the normally used ports for hosting web services like Apache Server for hosting web sites, video games, and ventrillo etc.

I would contact your ISP and check with them to see if it is a blocked port, or simply be quiet about it and use a port that my ISP doesnt block such as port 8077 and tell friends to connect via that port. You would then need to perform the same port forwarding etc.

HP2

Topic Starter

Intermediate
  • True Story
    • Yes
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 09:05:08 AM »
Thanks for your advice.
I tried with port 8077, but it didn't work. I can't log in my server even if I put "localhost" as the IP. It says always same error message. So, as you said, I will contact my ISP to get some info on blocked ports.

I forgot to write some additional info in my first post:
Currently, I'm using Hamachi. It's my only way to play in multiplayer. Also I setted a static local IP adress for my computer and my ISP is TekSavvy.
When I try to log on my server, the console detect that somebody tried to log.
I created a no-ip adress and when I log in with this adress, the same error message shows.

blackrainbow

Hopeful

• For the Emperor!
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Freaks geeks and autographs shop
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 09:29:56 AM »
there are many a help and tuorials and videos how to use hamachi for a mne craft server
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 10:05:26 AM by blackrainbow »

HP2

Topic Starter

Intermediate
  • True Story
    • Yes
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 02:32:09 PM »
there are many a help and tuorials and videos how to use hamachi for a mne craft server

Thanks but I know how to use Hamachi. My goal is to do not use Hamachi anymore and use my real IP
 :)

HP2

Topic Starter

Intermediate
  • True Story
    • Yes
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2013, 06:22:52 PM »
I contacted my ISP and they said that they don't block any port, exept the 25.
 ??? ??? ???

I really don't know what's wrong...  ::)

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2013, 04:35:34 PM »
Just saw that your having issues with localhost aka 127.0.0.1 so it has to be a configuration issue or malfunction. If it were the case that you could connect through localhost or 127.0.0.1 but everyone else outside of the local computer couldnt connect to you then you would be dealing with a firewall issue, wrong port forward config, or ISP blocking port.

Sorry for assuming that you were able to connect to localhost earlier, I assumed it had already been working locally and you were having issues with others connecting from the outside.

Until you can get it to connect to the localhost at 127.0.0.1 you cant troubleshoot any other problems beyond that of the local computer.