Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Unable to install........  (Read 3773 times)

joalmoore

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Unable to install........
    « on: July 20, 2013, 04:52:11 AM »
    Hi, I'm having trouble installing some things on my computer. I first noticed the problem when I was unable to open my Norton 360. When I clicked on it nothing happened. I deleted it and tried to reinstall it and I got the error message "c:\windows\system32\d3d10_1core.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error." This same message also comes up when I try to install other things such as Flash updates. Since I couldn't use my Norton I installed AVG 2013 Free version with no problems and I scanned my entire computer. It said that I had a trojan and it deleted it. I have also used Malwarebytes, CCleaner, and RegZooka to check for issues on my PC. At this point everything is coming back clean, but this error message still comes up if I try to install certain things. I use an ASUS K50IJ and I never made my recovery dvd through AI Recovery because one was given with the laptop, but I couldn't find the disk. I went to make the recovery disk and once again I was unable to complete this task (I've since found the recovery disk). My laptop is working on the surface, but when I try to make some important changes this error message shows up. When I follow the file path I see that the file is in the system32 folder, but maybe it is a fake one and the real one was replaced by this virus. Should I delete it? How do I fix this? I've read other posts, but its hard to pin point how it applies to my issues.

Apocalypt

Starter

• Experience: Familiar
      Re: Unable to install........
      « Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 04:10:19 PM »
      I would try booting the computer in safe mode with networking, then running the command line, and running this command:  sfc /scannow             

This will scan all the files necessary for the computer and attempt to repair broken files.  If it cant, it will at least tell you a more specific reason to the problem. 

I hope this helps you  :)

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      Re: Unable to install........
      « Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 07:52:01 PM »
      It can be a kind of malware attack. It disables your AV program and takes control.
      You may want to post in the virus removal section.