Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: boot up disc not working, know cause, need fix  (Read 8954 times)

GX1_Man

Re: boot up disc not working, know cause, need fix
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2005, 10:18:58 AM »
FUBAR= FU**ED UP BEYOND ALL RECOGNITION

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

gettingbigj1978

Topic Starter

Rookie
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    « Reply #16 on: October 18, 2005, 03:04:54 PM »
    oh man as it turns out, erasing hdd does not magically give system ability to read discs it couldn't have before.  now my issues lies w/ commands in dos.  stumbled through '/?' to get help, but no avail.  am i right in assuming that all those dos commands before windows starts are the same ones executed w/ a start up disc? im having trouble choosing the right variables, is anyone familiar w/ these? please point me in the right direction; i use option 4 safe w/ prompts, then i get conf. w/ all y/n questions

GX1_Man

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2005, 04:27:50 PM »
    i'm afraid Fed will have to place you in the proper place for this. Any further monkeying around will NOT fix this - not DOS, not magic,....nothing.

Take him away Fed!

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Mac

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2005, 03:55:54 AM »
    I would cut your losses and go for a clean install.

gettingbigj1978

Topic Starter

Rookie
    • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
      « Reply #19 on: October 20, 2005, 10:29:05 AM »
      thank you all for your help.  happy to say that im using my computer this time.  i called the manufacturer for a boot disk, they said the one i had was defective, call the store.  called the store that i bought it from, told them i need a boot disk, said i should call the manufacturer.  bottom line, no help rendered.  as it turns out, cleaning the drive via killdisk, and then clean installing windows did the trick.  so far, problems are gone, but im waiting for any virus/worm to rear its head before im totally scot free.  wanted to post an update and a thanks to everyone who does this for free! thanks!

Mac

Boot up disc not working, know cause, need fix
      « Reply #20 on: October 20, 2005, 11:19:49 AM »
      Sorted!

You'll find XP bootdisks on the link below.

GX1_Man

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2005, 12:27:05 PM »
      Glad you are up and running. Now keep your spyware/adware/antivirus up to date and use it and you should be fine.