Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Pics not showing (and I checked other topics)  (Read 4512 times)

James c. Potter

Pics not showing (and I checked other topics)
« on: October 15, 2005, 01:44:02 PM »
When I go to scout.com, pictures do not show up on that site.  Also, when I go to yahoo, the icons (mail, games, ect) do not show up.  I have deleted cookie, files, restored security to default, all that good stuff, still no dice.  Appreciate any help ...thanks

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Pics not showing (and I checked other topics)
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2005, 07:22:46 PM »
Which Operating system are you using? What browser are you using? How do you connect to the internet? Has this always happened?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

James Ptter

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2005, 08:51:54 PM »
Using Internet Explorer with Windows xp.  This just started happening last night.  Pictures just won't load onto the site.  I know another member of the site is also having these problems, but most others aren't.

James Ptter

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2005, 08:54:06 PM »
Using Internet Explorer with Windows xp.  This just started happening last night.  Pictures just won't load onto the site.  I know another member of the site is also having these problems, but most others aren't.  Also, I don't even get the little box with the red x.  I know that a pic is supposed to be there, it's just not.

GX1_Man

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2005, 09:07:18 PM »
Have you checked with the Webmaster there? The fact that at least one other has the same problem (and I assume the same time frame from what you posted) and that sounds like the origin is beyond your computer.

Sometimes the simplest solution is correct.

james ptter

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2005, 09:18:14 PM »
I have not been able to reach them yet.  However, when I go to yahoo, all the icons for games, mail, ect, don't always show up.

GX1_Man

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2005, 09:22:37 PM »
Give a specific site here and let someone else check it out. We'll know soon enough

james ptter

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2005, 09:25:50 PM »

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2005, 11:07:15 PM »
    James c. Potter.....Just checked the site and it appears to be working fine for me .....was there a particular link or image on the home page that you dont see ?

dl65  ::)
    « Last Edit: October 15, 2005, 11:12:30 PM by dl65 »
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

GX1_Man

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2005, 11:26:57 PM »
    Looks fine to me, also.  :D

james ptter

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2005, 11:00:37 AM »
    None of the pictures that you see on that site, show up for me.  Also, icons do not appear on Yahoo at all times, if I hit refresh, then they do.  I have no idea what is going on.

GX1_Man

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2005, 11:06:30 AM »

If you haven't changed any settings yourself, have you checked for spyware/adware/virii, etc.? Free scanners available.

Nick Yates

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2005, 09:13:30 PM »
    I'm having the exact same problem.  I've tried virus scans, removing adware, removing spyware, defragging, checking my IE setttings, and nothing.  It seems to be random with which websites' images it will load and which it won't.  It does the same thing regardless of if Im using Firefox or IE.  Im running XP Pro.  Refresh doesn't help either.  It isn't the website, because the images in question all load fine on the other computers I've tried. Any help at all would be really appreciated.

Nick Yates

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2005, 09:30:27 PM »
    OK, I found a solution that worked for me.  here's the link, hopefully it helps others.

http://www.opentechsupport.net/forums/showthread.php?t=37705&page=2