Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Turok 1 and 2 music Problem  (Read 23517 times)

quaxo

Guru
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Turok 1 and 2 music Problem
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2009, 07:14:27 PM »
Notice his name:
carass

His account no longer exists. He won't be getting any notifications from CH.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2009, 07:35:35 PM »
an without running image through daemon utility

Daemon tools emulates the analog audio cable...
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Steve Fox

Starter

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2009, 11:50:11 PM »
    It doesn't show his status as guest on my phone, everything is in really big font, maybe I can update IE mobile when Win7 Mobile comes out. But whatever, I actually came across this while running search for the patch from phone an figured I'd try to help him out.  As far as the CD Audio cable goes, maybe I said it wrong, but what I meant was, you don't need the CD Audio Cable at all for post Win9x OS's.  He qualifies because he said WinXP.  Running a Deamon utility only allowes you to run the game from an image instead of the CD, as long as you enable Secu-Rom in Deamon Options first. I ran it on both Win7 and WinXP with a CD and with the image just to test it, and it works fine without the CD Audio Cables on either drive.
    Anyways, this was just supposed to be a quick answer, and hopefully there is some way to keep this up here because there is actually quite a few people asking this question, and very few answers, so I will keep my account active so when someone runs another search, the will see this and I can explain the fix and provide the patch.   
    Battery dying, if missed anything, sorry

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    « Reply #18 on: August 20, 2009, 08:53:43 AM »
    but what I meant was, you don't need the CD Audio Cable at all for post Win9x OS's. 

only for programs that implement Digital CD Audio... DOS programs, and many older Win9x programs often used MCI, whose default sequencer seems to choose Analog rather then digital. (likely for compatibility reasons)
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Steve Fox

Starter

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2009, 03:26:07 PM »
      Yes, I understand what you are saying, but for this particular game, and in this thread no CD audio cable is needed for any OS this game requires.

Gallospacca

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2010, 05:56:58 PM »
      Steve fox...please send me the music patch! my email is: [email protected]
      Thank you in advance!!
      ^_______________^

jblanc03

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2011, 04:07:55 AM »
      STEVE FOX please please send me the PATCH for the music problem with turok 1 and 2!!!

I just built myself a windows 98SE machine and i have the CD analog and SPDIF cable plugged into my sound card (SB LIVE) and the music still does not load!

I figure mabey its because i have windows 98SE?

Anyway please send me this if you can i really appreciate it.

socialautopsy

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2014, 04:49:15 AM »
        Hey need help with the music in Turok 1 and 2 on PC. I know it has been a long time since the last post. If anyone sees this and has the patches would someone mind sending me them? Thank you for your time guys!