Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer crashing and auto restarting please help!  (Read 2818 times)

shanta

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Computer crashing and auto restarting please help!
    « on: April 17, 2014, 05:49:30 PM »
    I transported by pc to my new home and I recently added a second monitor to my pc. This is when all these problems started happening for me. At first i was getting a cpu fan speed is to low, i went to my bios and found out it automatically switched it self to eco mode, so i set it back to performance mode, so my fan would spin faster. Then everything was ok but then a month later my computer would automatically restart. Event logs said something about video memory not being enough? which is odd because i have a 1.2gb memory gpu and i also play games on ultra settings no problem. So i turned off windows aero and i was experiencing random restarts less but still was getting them. I read somewhere that reducing the memory on page file might help and turning off the auto restart option when errors occur, so now i computer just freezes and makes a continuous buzzing sound until i physically restart. I unplugged the extra monitor and this crash is still happening. I did memtest and it passed. event logs are no longer present. I decided to update all my drivers and updating the intel rapid storage technology driver was a huge mistake because after i did that i could no longer get to my desktop unless i went in to my bios and took my drive off of raid and on to IDE. So now i can no longer use my ssd caching. and when i try to do system restore to undo the IRST driver update, it just hangs on "preparing to system restore" perhaps i didnt wait long enough. One time instead of crashing i got a message pop up saying something about nvidia and kernal problem but windows was able to recover (is it possible a bad gpu is causing all this), then some more crashing And finally i get a blue screen which was code
    STOP: 0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8801036DEC8, 0xFFFFF88003B5A568, 0xFFFFF88003B59DC0

*** dxgmms1.sys - address FFFFF8801036DEC8 base at FFFFF8801034D000. Datestamp 5164dc13

computer specs is
    2600k i7
    asus z68 pro motherboard
    560 ti classified 448 cores
    claro halo sound card
    pc power & cooling 910 watt power supply
    1 Tb harddrive and intel larson creek ssd for caching

also see file attached

please, and thank you. I would love to figure out how to fix this so i wont have to reinstall windows and also how to get my ssd caching back. computer will not boot if drive is in raid mode and i have uninstalled intel rapid storage technology and when i try to re install it says "does not meet system requirements"

[recovering disk space, attachment deleted by admin]