Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: continuos beeping  (Read 2383 times)

wolf-girl

continuos beeping
« on: October 30, 2005, 05:32:50 PM »
hi hoping this is the right place to ask this question..i let my mom borrow a computer and she said when she unhooked it it was working fine..but i brought it home and hooked it back up and all it does is beep beep beep continuoisly, the screen does not come on ,i can hear the fans running but that is about all.i dont know anything about them at all except to turn it on and do what i want to do ...it is a packard bell model #A950-TWR.i dont know what else to go to for info on it since it wont come on..please help very cnfused.. ??? ??? :-/

GX1_Man

Re: continuos beeping
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2005, 05:34:24 PM »
Could be that the memory or some card has been uprooted from it's slot in the moving. Overheating is also a potential problem, but I would vote for the first idea. What make and model? How old?

Mac

Continuous beeping
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005, 05:49:08 AM »
Could be that the memory or some card has been uprooted from it's slot in the moving. Overheating is also a potential problem, but I would vote for the first idea. What make and model? How old?

Packard Bell A950-TWR

<<< Packard Bell iXtreme

Continuous beep. Power supply, system board, or keyboard problem.

wolf-girl

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2005, 06:30:11 AM »

it is a packard bell A950-TWR
i dont know how old it is i bougfht it at a yard sale 2 years ago it has worked good till now.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2005, 09:09:17 AM »
Make sure the keyboard and mouse are not hooked up backwards...
Keyboard = purple...
Mouse = green...

patio.  8)
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "