Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer crashed - now cannot 'see' network card  (Read 2797 times)

High1

Topic Starter

Apprentice

Computer crashed - now cannot 'see' network card
    « on: August 14, 2014, 09:00:37 AM »
    Hello

Overnight my PC (Packard Bell Win 7) crashed and while I have used PB recovery disks to regain Windows, I have lost many programmes and files.

More to the point, I am unable to connect to the Internet. I have TP-Links wireless software on a disk and reinstalled the configuration utility and drivers. On that utility, you tell Windows to use its default software to connect or use the TP Link software. It won't allow me to select TP-Link because it's greyed out. The problem seems to be that Windows cannot see my wireless network card and its doesn't appear in Device Manager. I have physically removed the card and put it back, but it's made no difference.

In addition, in Device Manager, there is a yellow exclamation mark next to Network Controller. I removed it and restarted the PC - to refresh it - and Windows has put it back, but it still has the yellow exclamation mark next to it.

I would be grateful for any advice.

High1

High1

Topic Starter

Apprentice

Re: Computer crashed - now cannot 'see' network card
      « Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 12:58:45 PM »
      This is resolved now - thanks

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog