Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Unable to access my gmail after moving to another country  (Read 19042 times)

Gilgamesh21

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Unable to access my gmail after moving to another country
    « on: August 23, 2014, 12:22:46 PM »
    Hello

I am completely fed up with google's useless security policy for emails. I hope there is any method to solve this.

What is happenibg is that I used to use my gmail account from Turkey and recently I had to move to Sweden. When trying to gain access to the same account from there, google tells me that 'something has changed'since my last access and it is asking that I verify myself using methods that I forgot them all because I created that account two years ago when I had a different phone number and email and when I did not care much to answer the'secret' question. I also tried google's incompetent recovery survey that judged that I did not provide sufficient information for them to give me access again.

Is there any way to solve this,please help. I desperately need to access that account.

Thanks

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Unable to access my gmail after moving to another country
    « Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 12:27:09 PM »
    If you contact them by phone, you can provide a scan of your drivers license and maybe gain access. They have to prove that you are you. Generally if you dont know the security questions you are locked out for good.

Gilgamesh21

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 12:46:02 PM »
      I created the email two years ago under a different name and when I just needed a quick email to register for a website. I do not remember what phone number I had nor god knows what security question. This is just ridiculous. I entered the darn password correctly! How stupid...Please isnt there any other way as i do not remember any of their verification methods...

DaveLembke

Sage
      « Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 01:22:22 PM »
      Your best bet is to create a new e-mail account then and register with this other e-mail....., or if you have a family member in Turkey still, have them access the e-mail from within Turkey with your credentials if it is not already locked out totally, and have them forward this e-mail to you at a new e-mail address etc.

Gilgamesh21

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 01:38:35 PM »
        If i create a.new email with the inaccessible email as my secondary email, will this grant me access to the inaccessible one and how, Please?

DaveLembke

Sage
        « Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 01:57:03 PM »
        It would not grant you access to the other e-mail. My suggestion was to have a family member access your e-mail from within Turkey, for the e-mail account that is not working in Sweden. As for maybe its still available if accessed from within Turkey. Then create a new e-mail account from the locale of Sweden, have family member forward important e-mail from your inaccessible account from Sweden that might be accessible from Turkey still if not completely locked out.

If you dont have a trusted individual in Turkey with a computer and internet then your out of luck  :-\

If they go to access your e-mail and cant because its is locked, then you are also out of luck  :-\

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #6 on: August 23, 2014, 02:54:07 PM »
        I am completely fed up with google's useless security policy for emails. I hope there is any method to solve this.

Keep in mind those protections are in place for you...

I seriously doubt if you contacted them with enough info that this couldn't be resolved...

I smell something fishy.
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Gilgamesh21

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2014, 04:53:08 PM »
          Thanks Dave, I actually contacted someone there who has my laptop as well and hopefully we will make it work. I am just sad that at the time I created that email,all this nonsense was not required. I will update if the issue was resolved.

@Patio:

Please next time, respect members here and do not throw accusations by smelling and sensing and guessing fishy things without solid basis. I know google are trying to increase  security duhhhhhhhh...but I darn know my password then why on earth the other stupid complications. Or they just want people to live in one place!!!

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes
          « Reply #8 on: August 23, 2014, 04:57:47 PM »
          1st off...i respect all Members here...
          2nd...here's what i stated:: 
          I seriously doubt if you contacted them with enough info that this couldn't be resolved...

So maybe you can respect the fact of my doubts...

Gilgamesh21

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2014, 05:09:55 PM »
            Keep in mind those protections are in place for you...

I smell something fishy.
             smell something fishy.
             smell something fishy.
             smell something fishy.

patio

• Genius
            • Maud' Dib
              • Yes
            « Reply #10 on: August 23, 2014, 07:09:35 PM »
            I think i only said it once...
            Your issue is with the mail provider but it seems you have made it an issue with us because you didn't care for the responses you recieved.
            My apologies for that...i guess... and i wish you Luck.

Gilgamesh21

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2014, 03:45:54 AM »
              I think i only said it once...
              Your issue is with the mail provider but it seems you have made it an issue with us because you didn't care for the responses you recieved.
              My apologies for that...i guess... and i wish you Luck.

Whether you said it once or twice, it still was an implicit accusation against me. Secondly, I replied to Dave's suggestions which meant that I listened. Thirdly, if you ever noticed, am not a new member here and I know CH forum long time ago and I know it is not the kind of forum that helps with 'fishy' matters. I was only asking here cuz I tot someone might know something 'legal' that could be done and my acceptance to Dave's statement that I could be out of luck proves that I am not looking for fishy mishy sushi ways that you immediately accused me of....I hope I made myself clear now and good luck to you too.

Gilgamesh21

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2014, 01:43:59 PM »
                Update:

Well..it seems i locked myself out for good lool.

I contacted someone there in turkey who used my laptop and we were asked to change password which we did. I sent a password but apparently they failed to enter it as sent... Bottome line is: do not change your password when your family are noobs at computers :-D. Over and outttt.

Gilgamesh21

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2014, 05:49:52 PM »
                  Update #2:

Somehow it worked! I was just trying to enter the password I sent to Turkey which they made a mess of and gmail kept saying incorrevt password until I tried the old pass and google for the first time allows me to change the password from here which I did. One setting I did change though on my phone is not to let google locate me using wi fi source location...maybe that is why i was not asked to verify this time...do you think this is why it worked?

DaveLembke

Sage
                  « Reply #14 on: August 24, 2014, 07:08:47 PM »
                  Since you are in ... congrats by the way!!!   I would go to your account info and write down whatever alias/name you used and write down your security questions and answers or reset them and write them down. This way next time you have this issue you will be able to verify that its you and have no problems regaining access.  ;)