Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Looking to implement a math palette for equation editing on webpage  (Read 3834 times)

Xeratul

Topic Starter
  • 100,000th poster

• Hopeful
  • Experience: Familiar
I've been looking to implement a web platform to simplify the process of writing up/storing my textbook homework solutions.

I'm sure there are plenty of desktop applications that would work, but I'd really prefer a website.
I'm envisioning something similar in appearance to a forum platform where I could page back through to look at old entries.

The hardest part of the whole implementation is how to incorporate equation editing onto the actual page.
Writing the software to actually organize and structure all the symbols, operators, etc for displaying mathematical equations would be a much taller order than anything of the scope I'm hoping to complete.

I know that there already exist other proprietary implementations that I've had use to complete coursework on websites like MasteringPhysics/Webassign, but of course I need something that I could be free to use.

I've used MathJax to print MathML results on a webpage before, so a product that could export/produce results that are encoded in MathML or similar for presenting completed entries on the page would be great.

I'm not looking for a CAS, etc that would actually evaluate results, I'm only hoping to add some equation editing functionality and a math palette to make the process of writing down solutions less complicated than creating an actual typeset document ala LaTeX.

I'm continuing to google around but at this point, all I've found are a lot of irrelevant results. One thing I've been looking at is at the software at http://mathdox.org/formulaeditor/, but the download links appear to be dead.

I've attached an image to give you some idea of what I'm referring to...