Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: DVD RW drive (D:) problems  (Read 13276 times)

foxygrandma

Re: DVD RW drive (D:) problems
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2014, 05:56:44 PM »
That is what can happen when it cannot read the disk.

thank you all.    I took my laptop to a repair shop where I sometimes take it, and all he did was open the DVD R drive and the pictures appeared.  There was nothing wrong with my drive.  When I got back home, I too, was able to open it.   Strange, indeed.

foxygrandma

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2015, 08:31:49 PM »
thank you all.    I took my laptop to a repair shop where I sometimes take it, and all he did was open the DVD R drive and the pictures appeared.  There was nothing wrong with my drive.  When I got back home, I too, was able to open it.   Strange, indeed.

Thanks.  There is one thing he did do.   He blew on the drive.  Still weird to me.  Thanks all.  Anna Ruth

Salmon Trout

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2015, 12:06:12 AM »
Thanks.  There is one thing he did do.   He blew on the drive.  Still weird to me.  Thanks all.  Anna Ruth

With his mouth or with canned air? No matter, dust can get in and affect the tiny lasers.

foxygrandma

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2015, 10:12:58 PM »

he blew a small breath with his mouth.   And after almost two months of it not working, it worked.   Now I know what one small breath can do.  :)