Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Counter Strike 1.6 custom map loading problem  (Read 6662 times)

sailo

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    Counter Strike 1.6 custom map loading problem
    « on: July 12, 2015, 12:54:14 PM »
    Problems with loading a map in CS 1.6
    Hello guys.
    I'm a beginner with building maps in Counter-Strike v1.6 and i've built a normal, basic map, a squarish room and having CT and T spawn inside. I used Valve Hammer program to build it.
    I finished building the map, I've saved the .map file into my ZHLT, and run batch file to compile the map, copy map file to cs map directory and run the game, everything seems normal
    But the problem is that as soon as i load my custom game and start, the game just exit without any error message.
    without clicking batch file, i also start a new game and load my custom map, the result is the same, the game exit.

i don't khow what to do!!!...
    Please help...
    Thanks in advance...

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Counter Strike 1.6 custom map loading problem
    « Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 01:05:59 PM »
    Is the editor the correct version for this version of CS v1.6?

What happens if you take a map that works, and make a very minor change and save that. Does that very minor change cause that map to then fail to load in which the map editor might be the cause? ( * I would back up the map file first before changing an aleady existing map file so that you could revert back or rename it as one that wont overwrite the original. )