Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: emachines wont boot??  (Read 1938 times)

amyjo

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    emachines wont boot??
    « on: December 09, 2015, 11:41:32 AM »
    I have a emachines desktop..not sure of exact model? It was fine a couple days ago then I tried to turn it on yesterday and all it will do is give me a screen that says " a disk read error occured press ctrl+alt+del to restart" when I do that it  beeps and sounds like its going to start up then gives me a screen that shows the big E then says del: enter setup f12: boot menu... can anyone please help??

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: emachines wont boot??
    « Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 11:46:54 AM »
    Place a bookable CD in the ROM drive. The when you get that message, hit the f12 key and select the CD-ROM drive.

You will need working computer to prepare a bootbale CD if you do not have one.

https://livecdlist.com/
    The LiveCD List

If it boots, it means your hard drive is having trouble. Maybe a loose wire. Or else part of the boot sector got damaged.

amyjo

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 12:13:38 PM »
      Ok..I have no way to get a cd..so ill check the wires and hope thats it! Thank you for the quick response!! :)

DaveLembke

Sage
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 01:40:09 PM »
      From the sounds of it your hard drive is probably dead. I'd go into BIOS with delete key and see if it still sees it there.