Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Realplayer  (Read 2431 times)

Weejock

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Realplayer
    « on: January 08, 2016, 10:36:38 AM »
    Browsing through my Realplayer library I mistakenly renamed not one track but a large number - I know, dumbo ::) but I didn't notice the highlighting! I have since renamed them all to the originals (and it shows on all the track info) but, when I copy these tracks to an MP3 player, the scrolling titles still show the wrong one.  Any idea how this happens and any solution other than removing from the library (and hard drive) and reinstalling?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Realplayer
    « Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 11:54:34 AM »
    This is not the answer you want. Rather, may I suggest you read about how Music libraries work? The file system in Windows is limited as to how much relented  information it can store with a file name.
    A music library offers a way to keep tracks of music tracks apart for the Windows  system. It can change the playlist order, change the genre.
    A genre is a specific type of music, film, or writing. Your favorite literary genre might be science fiction, and your favorite film genre might be horror flicks about cheerleaders. Go figure. In music, genre refers to musical style such as jazz, salsa or rock.
    One should change track names only inside the player App.