Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Please God help me get rid of this SPYWARE  (Read 6171 times)

Tyler

Please God help me get rid of this SPYWARE
« on: July 28, 2004, 07:07:28 PM »
Ok so everytime I open up IE, my homepage redirects to super-spider.com and then on to this link.....http://296f8.ilxt.info/index.php?aid=20009

which is basically some time of search page that comes up and says my IP and that I have spyware on my computer.  I can hardly go to any websites without being redirected back to this site...no Yahoo no Hotmail no NOTHING!!!

I have downloaded just about every spyware removal tool you can think of, some of which include CWShredder, Adaware, SpyStop, SpyClean, Hijackthis and move.  And the *censored* thing always comes back.  I am at my wits end and need some real help.  Emailing me doesnt really do anything seening how I cant get on hotmail without being redirected.  So I would really appreciate a reply post from someone who can help.  Please keep in mind that have medium to above average computer skills but am surely no expert.  THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP SOMEONE CAN PROVIDE!!!!

Raptor

Re: Please God help me get rid of this SPYWARE
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2004, 04:46:17 AM »
I am not god. But I will see what I can do to help you.

First of all: Read through this article and all the articles related to Spyware on Computer Hope

Please Read This First - Viruses & Spyware

A very efficient program is PestPatrol. It detects even things such as game Gamespy and programs that may be 'undermining confidentiality and/or liability'

Pest Patrol

Using a different browser than Microsoft Internet Explorer will also help. I recommend Firefox:

Mozilla Firefox

FuBe2aBu3

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2004, 01:54:52 PM »
Greetings:
If you know the name of the file, have you tried Search, then delete the file?  Or if you can get on line, try SpyBot and/or Spyware Blaster, both good and both free and both recommended by Smart Computing Mag.

If you can find the file in Search and know how to move around in DOS you can use the DEL command there and that works better than deleting via Windows.  Pest Patrol is o.k. but it automatically puts itself in Startup and you can never ever get rid of it! I've got remnents after three years of trying to delete it!  It takes up a lot of RAM and isn't free after 30 days.
Good luck.
FuBE2aBe3

Chir6

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2004, 10:36:14 PM »
Tyler,
Sounds like your experiencing an all out 'browser hijack'!  You should use a friends internet connected computer with CD-burner to download each of the programs in our Internet Essentials pak.  http://www.totalaccesssolutions.com/modules.php?name=Downloads.  Not only will you regain control of your expensive system, you will be the envy of your friends and family.  Or at least get some sort of software in each of the following categories.  Firewall, antivirus, anti-spyware, and pop-up blocker.  Thank you for your question!  And Raptor, according to this forum, you are a 'god'.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2004, 10:38:47 PM by Chir6 »

Vincent Lobwitz

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2004, 09:56:22 AM »
 ;D Ha Ha. Yes, by default script settings only, certainly not by basic knowledge or .dll problem solving. Fantastic.

irrk1

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2004, 04:56:08 PM »
any info on stopping the dam internet Explorer POP ups! ..

Computer_Commando

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2004, 05:04:35 PM »
any info on stopping the dam internet Explorer POP ups! ..

Yahoo Toolbar, Google Toolbar, WinXP SP2 (If you have WinXP).

merlin_2

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2004, 05:07:53 PM »
people out there should listen ...you one ..spysweeper from www.webroot.com... two stinger for network associates three  and hi-jack this and four shredder from spyware info.com.. done..and to prevent pop up the master of them five  all secrectmaker....from secretmaker.com....forget pop-up killer its tame...listen and learn.........if you wish....
« Last Edit: August 19, 2004, 05:09:12 PM by merlin_2 »