Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Unknown program  (Read 4363 times)

bobhlgh

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Experience: Beginner
    Re: Unknown program
    « Reply #15 on: July 13, 2016, 12:46:43 PM »
    patio  -
    There is a Windows  7 sticker but it does not have any numbers on it.  I am not sure what I have done but things are much improved.  I have subscribed to a higher speed which seemed to help.  The only problems I have now is:  (1)  At shut down I get a message that there is a program is still running and (2)  5 or 6 minutes after I power on the computer appears to stop for 1 minute , then after 1 more minute everything is OK.  Neither problems interfere with what I am downing.  When you are ahead  stop. I will keep what I've got , before I mess something else.  Thanks  for all the help over the years but let us not worry about the rest.  Thanks     Bob

PS.  Some of us are not gun slingers!!

bobhlgh

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2016, 01:00:53 PM »
      patio 
      There is a Windows 7 sticker but it is too small to have a number on it.  Things are looking better.  I subscribed to a higher speed and it seemed to help.  When you are ahead  stop. The only problem I know of is:  (1)  when I shut down I get a message that says there is a program still running and  (2)  5 or 6 minutes after I turn my computer on it stops then after 1 minute everything is OK. These 2 items do not interfere with what I am doing so I am not going further for fear I will mess something up.   Thanks for your time over the years.    Bob

bobhlgh

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2016, 01:27:38 PM »
        patio  -
        I typed 2 replies because I never saw the first one posted.  I saw both of them and then they disappeared.  I don't know what is happening but I guess it will work out OK.     Bob

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        « Reply #18 on: July 13, 2016, 04:26:06 PM »
        Good...again as i think the alleged shop you took it to probably used Re-Image to work on your PC...highly unscrupulous to say the least...

Hope all ticks along nicely...we're here if any issues pop up.
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "