Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Will my PC work/work well?  (Read 2176 times)

Samprince1886

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Will my PC work/work well?
    « on: August 31, 2016, 07:12:03 AM »
    Hi Guys, This is my first time building a PC from scratch and just wanted a little input. Ive thrown together some parts just too give myself an idea of what i am doing.

Motherboard - Gigabyte H110M-S2H Motherboard (Socket 1151, H110 Express, DDR4, S-ATA 600, Micro ATX)
    Processor - Intel BX80662I36100 Intel Core i3 6100 Skylake Dual-Core 3.7 GHz Processor
    RAM - HyperX FURY 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) 2133 MHz DDR4 CL14 UDIMM Memory Kit (Skylake Compatible)
    HDD - WD 1TB Desktop SATA Hard Drive
    Fan - Cooler Master RR-212E-16PK-R1 Hyper 212 Evo "Ultra High Performance, 4 Direct Contact Heat Pipes, Universal CPU Cooler"
    Case - Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower Case - Black Window(BFX-NOV-100-KKWSK-RP)
    GPU - Gigabyte GV-N730-2GI GT730 Graphic Card (2GB, GRA, PCX)

I am on a very tight budget so if any suggesetions please think of the cost, will this actually be compatibale together? Will it run any games? Baring in mind this is a starting PC and i will defintly be making upgrades in the future regarding CPU etc.. Just when i get the money.

Thank you :)
    « Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 08:06:33 AM by Samprince1886 »

camerongray

Expert
      • Yes
      • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Will my PC work/work well?
    « Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 02:24:38 PM »
    What are your intended uses for this machine?  What is your total budget?

It certainly looks fine although the GPU is somewhat weak and you don't really need the extra CPU cooler given you won't be able to overclock that CPU - The money you save on this could potentially go towards a GPU upgrade.  You could also likely get away with less RAM (say 8gb or so), which would free up some more money allowing for a better GPU.

You also appear to be missing a power supply - For a system like that you won't need much but I'd go for at least 550w to allow for a GPU upgrade in the future.  It is important that yo don't cheap out on this - Makes sure you get one from a reputable brand like Seasonic, Corsair, EVGA, XFX.etc.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Will my PC work/work well?
    « Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 04:39:01 PM »
    If your going to be gaming i'd get a GTX video card and not a GT card. I have the 128-bit 730GT with 2GB RAM and I should have paid the extra money to get the GTX.

Additionally I bought the 128-bit thinking it was better vs the 64-bit and the 64-bit has a slightly better benchmark. Additionally I went with 2GB video ram and 700Mhz vs the faster 900Mhz and only 1GB for the same price. I probably would have had slightly better performance with the 1GB card at 900Mhz and a different GPU under the 730GT naming.

The 730GT is able to play many games but the performance is lacking for higher end graphics settings if you plan to run on normal or lower graphics settings than normal you can probably play a majority of games with it, but I'd get a GTX and not a GT if I had the opportunity to go back and not buy the 730GT. Additionally the 730GT comes in a number if flavors of 700Mhz and 900Mhz and different GPUs under the 730GT name. nVidia has slipped weak GPUs under the GT name since the end of the 9000 series I found out. The 200 series GT onwards have been lower end and the GTX is the way to go for gaming with nVidia cards.