Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: .wav files  (Read 2130 times)

Sinkhan

.wav files
« on: December 09, 2005, 06:30:52 PM »
For some reason, every time I start up Windows Media Player and then try to play a wave file, it says "Class not registered" I was just listening to some music yesturday as well. My cousin also has used it since then and installed some digital camera software. I've tried all the Microsoft help things, but still no luck. Any suggestions?

Dusty

Egghead

• I could if she would, but she won't so I don't.
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: .wav files
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2005, 02:45:19 AM »
Google for "media player class not registered" (without the quotes).  There are 27,500k hits - one of them may have the answer for you.

Good luck
One good deed is worth more than a year of good intentions.

Sinkhan

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2005, 07:07:45 AM »
I tried using my DivX player to play some things and I'm also apprently missing dsound.dll. I found a site and downloaded it, but I don't know how to get it working agian.

Dusty

Egghead

• I could if she would, but she won't so I don't.
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2005, 05:54:21 PM »
I assume you are running XP in one or other variation.

To which folder did you download dsound.dll???  In the version of XP I am running it is in C:\Windows\System32\

You will probably be able to find most .dll files duplicated in various folders - run a Search on your pc if you need any others.  When you post a query please always include the OS you are using as the bare minimum of information tho' more would be appreciated, in this case what version of WMP you are running.

Good luck...
One good deed is worth more than a year of good intentions.