Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Error 1303 within Admin; Security fiddled with.  (Read 4808 times)

Mustbe_Aweful

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
    Error 1303 within Admin; Security fiddled with.
    « on: August 31, 2017, 12:20:15 PM »
    Hello,

Months ago I re-installed Sketchbook Pro with an updated patch. I received an Error 1303, and it would not allow me to get away with "Run as Administrator," so I switched to my Admin user in order to download the software. Again, Sketchbook Pro had an update, I tried reinstalling it, but even as an Admin it said I didn't have permission.

Now, I've been messing with the Security tab within Properties on the folder for a while now; changing the Owner to my main user, going to-and-fro between SYSTEM and Everyone in order to make permission available to all, (in my frustration) I downloaded IObit Unlocker that said that it successfully unlocked it... no dice. I don't know what I need to do to install the program, and I'm rather concerned that I will be going through this every time Sketchbook Pro has a patch.

What might I do to solve this issue, and preferably solve it permanently for this software, as it is the only software that is giving me troubles?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Error 1303 within Admin; Security fiddled with.
    « Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 03:13:21 PM »
    Do you have an monthly or annual membership or is this a cracked version?

Is this computer your work computer or one that came from previously a business or second hand to where it may have been used for a business in which there is a group policy coming into the mix controlling what can be installed causing the problem?

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 03:17:26 PM »
    It's cracked...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Mustbe_Aweful

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 05:52:48 PM »
      Do you have an monthly or annual membership or is this a cracked version?

It is an annual membership. My membership was renewed last month(ish).

My computer is not second-hand. It was put together piece by piece... 4 years ago? And it is a personal computer.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
      • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • BC-Programming.com
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #4 on: August 31, 2017, 07:14:34 PM »
      Autodesk has a KB article about the 1303 error, which might be helpful.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/install-error-1303.html

Remember that part of your annual membership almost certainly entitles you to support, as well- hopefully AutoDesk support would be familiar with the causes and/or solutions to this issue.

I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Mustbe_Aweful

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2017, 07:26:49 PM »
        Autodesk has a KB article about the 1303 error, which might be helpful.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/install-error-1303.html

Remember that part of your annual membership almost certainly entitles you to support, as well- hopefully AutoDesk support would be familiar with the causes and/or solutions to this issue.

Oh jeeze, I really thought it was a Windows 10 issue. It usually is. Okay. I'll see if this helps.

Mustbe_Aweful

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2017, 11:24:39 PM »

Thank you BC_Programmer, this one seems to have worked (knock on wood for next time). I was sure it was my OS that was the problem. I was wrong.