Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: hising sound on laptop speakers  (Read 3037 times)

Guzeppi

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Certifications: List
    • Experience: Beginner
    hising sound on laptop speakers
    « on: September 18, 2017, 03:59:10 AM »
    I have a continuous hissing sound on my laptop speakers.  It activates itself automatically as soon as I turn on the laptop, and nothing will stop it.

Thank you for your help.  This sound is driving me crazy.

Guzeppi
    GUZEPPI

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: hising sound on laptop speakers
    « Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 09:16:51 AM »
    If its as soon as powered before the OS boots etc then I'd say the amplifier chip on the integrated sound has noise maybe from a bad capacitor in the amplifier circuit. If this is the case then there is no volume control to make it any quieter its stuck with this level of sound. Only way around this would be to disconnect the speakers internally if its an annoyance to the point that the hissing has to stop, or replacement of the main board which is costly. How is the sound quality when playing music etc, does this HISS wash out the audio? They make USB Audio adapters which can correct for sound problems but they dont pass the sound over to internal speakers. They work with headphones or sound systems connected via a stereo mini jack.