Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer Failure for RAID HDs  (Read 4629 times)

Synagas

Computer Failure for RAID HDs
« on: December 23, 2005, 04:53:43 PM »
Recently my computer crashed for unknown reasons.  Literally, I was gaming and than it went down, and now it can never finish loading windows before it reboots itself.  My problem rises in the fact that I chose to run RAID 0 for my drives, and while it worked great with my running system, it now posses a problem.  With no problem discernable, and I ran a mem check to know my memory is fine, and switched video cards for the same reason, I am out of ideas of how to save my data.  Taking my SATA drives to my brothers system, I plugged and hoped to jsut boot them there.  But the mobo wants to RAID them together, and I am afraid that it will format my drives and I lose all my data.  I bought my parts for a new system, so I will format the drives (and get rid of the problematic RAID), but still, I would like to know if there is any way to save the data.  My mobo is not only a diffrent models of that of my brothers, it is a diffrent maker also.  MSI for me, ASUS for him.  Any suggestions on how to proceed, and whether or not my drives will get formated in resetting up a RAID system on them from another mobo?  ???