Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: wierd DVD drive problem  (Read 2041 times)

thumpszilla

wierd DVD drive problem
« on: December 27, 2005, 11:17:43 PM »
I recently got a virus on my new pc and it majorly messed things up alot of programs quit working even after virus removal. So I reloaded Win Xp Pro Sp2 and now I have a realy wierd problem. My dvd rom/cd burner nor my dvd burner are working correctly. Here are the programs I have installed:

Win XP Pro SP2
Norton Systemworks 2003 Pro
Nero 7 Premium
Edonkey 2000
Desktop Weather

Had installed
Daemon Tools 4.00 but unistalled as I thought it being a scsi drive emulator it might be the problem.

Alcohol 120% newest version Also uninstalled now

The only disc I can get the dvd burner to read is the cleaning disc. Also Nero crashes or fails to burn and I have frequent lockups. Have any Ideas anyone? :'(

Tadracket

Re: wierd DVD drive problem
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 07:19:48 AM »
Have you tried removing the drives from the device manager and restarting your computer? Simply highlight the drive, right click and uninstall. When you restart the computer, it should run the new device wizard.

thumpszilla

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 09:37:37 AM »
found problem DVD burner went bad. I have had dvd burner for about 4 months bought new at walmart. HP 640i lightscribe but it is bad.  

Thanks for the reply Tadracket

Tadracket

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2005, 11:45:58 AM »
Anytime.