Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Confused...I think my computer must be possessed  (Read 12545 times)

debby

Topic Starter

Hopeful

Re: Confused...I think my computer must be possessed
    « Reply #15 on: December 18, 2018, 03:43:17 PM »
    Sorry Lisa_maree - that wasn't much help to me because I know nothing about computers...just trying my best.  My question is at this point, can I install drivers for my printers?  If so, where do I go?

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #16 on: December 18, 2018, 05:42:20 PM »
    lisa_maree provided some instructions on how to print out a test page. I'd suggest you follow them to print out a test page. if the test page(s) have the same issue then it has nothing to do with drivers or your computer.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

debby

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2018, 09:13:59 AM »
      I'm going to do what Lisa_maree suggested...having been hit by a bug, so I'm under the weather.  Will do it ASAP.  Thanks!

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #18 on: December 22, 2018, 09:35:12 AM »
      If this is a USB printer it's a 3 step process....Remove the printer by rite clickin it in device manager....remove the printer software in Add/Remove programs...Re-boot and with the printer NOT connected via USB to the PC and re-install the printer software....it will prompt you when to connect the USB cable...

Best of Luck !
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

debby

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2019, 01:17:47 PM »
        I finally got around to doing the checks on both printers.  The HP is printing light.  The Epson looks fine, but still won't print dark like if I used Word to print a document.  Funny thing though, I have been fooling around with both of them a bit and they would not print the wording very dark until the last line of a paragraph, and at the top and bottom of pages, it will type dark (i.e., page numbers, something printed on the internet with a bottom line).  This is confusing.  I have the disks for both printers, if it is the drivers, would they install it from the cd if I were to uninstall both printers?