Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: system disk filure  (Read 3513 times)

newcomer

system disk filure
« on: January 08, 2006, 07:41:51 PM »
my computer is old and I tried to replace the HD with an old 6 gig HD the computer boots but it is saying i havea system disk failure. Help please don't know what to do

GX1_Man

Re: system disk filure
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 07:49:00 PM »
The hard drive is either not hooked up or jumpered correctly or there is no operating system installed, or the hard drive is bad. Which do you think it could be? Do you KNOW the hard drive worked correctly?> Is it the only drive in the machine? Did you load an operating syatem?

Dilbert

• Egghead

• Welcome to ComputerHope!
    Re: system disk filure
    « Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 09:02:08 PM »
    If you don't have an OS, or the disk is bad, and you have an installable operating system handy, you could format the drive and install Windows/Linux/whatever. But first, I'd check the cables to make sure they are correct, and the jumper is set properly, as GX1_Man said. Formatting is high on my "extreme actions" list.

Also, check the HD in another computer, if you can. If it works there, there may be a jumper issue or the cables aren't properly fastened.

Good luck!  :)
    "The geek shall inherit the Earth."